Many front line staff have done something innovative that made a difference to outcomes and costs - introduced a new pathway or process, trialled a new technology, or made another creative service improvement.
How much more impact would be gained if others could see what they did, why it worked, and how to replicate it for themselves?
HumanEdj is a social media tool for sharing service improvement ideas
as online Innovation Guides - simple interactive descriptions of innovations that explain their benefit and show everything required to replicate them.
You can also use an Innovation Guide to generate an interactive collaboration plan, adapt it to local needs, then use it to replicate the innovation with low cost and low risk.
HumanEdj helps front line staff create change fast, safely and at low cost. For more information, please email us.
Intuitive to use and well received by a range of community staff including health visitors, quality managers and PMO leads alike as it is easy to understand and follow.
Ruth Gordon, Project Manager, Children and Maternity Services, Leeds CCGs and Strategy Development, Leeds North CCG
Has enabled non-technical business users to transform processes previously modelled as complex, static flowcharts into simple, dynamic Plans.
Nick Gaunt, Chief Information and Knowledge Officer, NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement
Has a very powerful and flexible representation of goals, tasks, and tracking of such. It is very much the prototype of what I would like to see in all systems.
Keith Swenson, Chair, Workflow Management Coalition Technical Committee
To provide anything close to the functionality of HumanEdj, a traditional solution vendor would install all the following:
- Web server
- Application server
- Identity management system
- Case management system
- Project planning tool
- Content management system
- Instant messaging application
- Document sharing application
- Reporting engine
- Web portal
The cost would be high, the IT project would take months, and any subsequent change would require another IT project.
By contrast, HumanEdj is a low cost cloud service, you can do productive work immediately on activation, and users themselves can make Plans to do whatever they need:
1. Describe "who does what at which stage" to meet shared goals via Stages (work streams), Roles (responsibilities) and Activities
2. Assign time percentages, day rates and overhead percentages to Roles
3. Assign start/end dates and effort to Activities
4. Create online forms that assign deliverables and inputs to Activities
5. Assign impact (financial and qualitative), likelihood and importance to deliverables
6. View fine-grained dependencies based on use of deliverables as inputs to other Activities
7. Create sub-Plans as deliverables of Activities
8. Import and export Plans in spreadsheet and other formats
9. Accept or decline Roles (responsibilities)
10. See who you are working with to meet each goal
11. View the messages, documents and data associated with a goal
12. Sort your To Do list by urgency and associated goal
13. Create and update deliverables
14. Approve and cancel deliverables
15. Take part in a Plan by email
16. Use secure feeds to stay up to date
17. Delegate and re-assign work
18. Change Plans on the fly
19. Search documents and data including all previous versions
20. Re-use Plans as Plan templates
21. Provide hyperlinked, Red-Amber-Green coded views including overview grid, cost/benefit/progress table (including risks, issues, benefits, costs, revenues, effort, and more), resource allocation, GANTT chart, financial dashboard, and cross-cutting work
22. Create secure Web views and feeds with a single click
23. Share outputs via social media with a single click
24. Slice and dice Plans via business intelligence tools
HumanEdj underpins the GATHER family of social media tools for sharing and copying front line innovations in the UK public sector:
- NHS GATHER
- SOC GATHER
- EMG GATHER
- MIL GATHER
- INT GATHER
- PLC GATHER
- DIP GATHER
- SCI GATHER
Role Modellers was founded in 2001 to empower use of collaborative work theory that originated in UK government sponsored research  then was subsequently refined and extended into the theory of Human Interaction Management (now known as Virtual Team Planning) [2,4] and associated change management methodology Goal-Oriented Organizational Design [3,4].
Prototyping of our flagship product HumanEdj as a desktop application began in 2005, and was beta tested by over 300 organizations in order to perfect its unique architecture. The current Web application emerged from R&D in 2010.
In 2012, Gartner recognized Role Modellers as a BPM Cool Vendor. HumanEdj is now in large-scale use.
1. WARBOYS, B., 1989, "The IPSE 2.5 Project: Process Modelling as a Basis for a Support Environment", Proceedings of the First International Conference on System Development Environments and Factories SDEF1, May 1989, Berlin, Pitman 1990
2. HARRISON-BRONINSKI K., 2005, "Human Interactions - The Heart and Soul of Business Process Management", Meghan-Kiffer Press, ISBN 978-0929652443
3. HARRISON-BRONINSKI K., 2011, "Change Management Processes" in "Social BPM: Work, Planning and Collaboration Under the Impact of Social Technology", Workflow Management Coalition, ISBN 978-0-981987-08-8
4. BROCKE J., ROSEMANN M., 2014, "Handbook on Business Process Management 2: Strategic Alignment, Governance, People and Culture (2nd edition)", Springer. ISBN 978-3-642-45102-7